We would appreciate your feedback and/or input on our district Parent and Family Engagement Plan(PFEP). You can review our DRAFT PFEP at the list link and then take a few minutes to complete the survey below.
District Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of TITLE I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Explanation of State and District Test Scores
The Florida Standards Assessment Test® (FSA) is part of Florida’s overall plan to increase student achievement by implementing higher standards. The FSA, administered to students in grades 3-11, consists of tests that measure selected benchmarks in mathematics, reading, and writing based on Florida Standards. Participating students include all students working toward a standard high school diploma, including English Language Learners (ELLs) and students with disabilities. Grade 3 students must earn an FSA Reading score of Level 2 or higher on a scale of 1 – 5 in order to be promoted to grade 4. Requirements of FSA scores for passing to the next grade level may be found in the district’s Pupil Progression Plan.
The best understanding of a student’s academic achievement comes from looking at multiple pieces of evidence (including FSA scores) collected over time. Developmental Scale Scores were introduced in 2002 to track student progress over time and across grade levels to indicate student “growth,” or “learning gains.” For this reason, they are the scores students and parents receive on their FSA Reading and FSA Mathematics Student and Parent Reports. By using FSA Developmental Scale Scores, parents can monitor their student’s academic progress from one grade to the next. By comparing a student’s scores in the same FSA subject for two or more years with the associated mean scores (or with the various Achievement Levels) for those years, it is possible to identify whether a student’s performance improved, declined, or remained consistent.
Useful Links and Resources
The District Title One office has now developed the Parent Involvement webpage on the PCSB website. Please go to the web address to find helpful resources for parents!
Title I District Page
District Title I Parent Involvement Plan
- District Parent & Family Engagement Plan (Spanish) a plan that helps parents have more information about parent involvement on the district level.
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary a summary of the Parent Involvement Plan—shorter version of the more detailed plan.
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary (Spanish)
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary (Haitian-Creole)
- 2019 Parent Feedback Survey Summary
- “Parent Survey Results 2019 are available in the Parent Engagement Notebook (PEN) in the front office.”
School Parent & Family Engagement Plan
- Parent and Family Engagement Plan a detailed plan that helps parents understand and take part in what the school is doing.
- School PFEP Summary a summary of the Parent and Family Engagement Plan—shorter version of the more detailed plan.
- Parent and Family Engagement Plan (Spanish)
- Parent and Family Engagement Plan (Haitian-Creole)
- Parent Information Resource Center (PIRC) Letter
- Parent Resource Center
- School Public Accountability Report
- Right to Know Letters (English)
- Right to Know Letters (Spanish)
- Right to Know Letters (Haitian-Creole)
- Florida Curriculum Standards
- Florida State Assessments and Understanding Achievement Levels
- Annual Report Card